Happily Ever After...

Yesterday, Kate, one of my best friends, got married. It was a beautiful wedding, the weather was perfect, and I have never seen two people look more happy, or more perfect for each other.

I grew up on a staple diet of Disney, of believing in "True Love", of being rescued, of people being "meant to be". The years have gone on, and the older (and more like Bridget Jones) I have become, I have, on occasion, lost the belief in True Love. Seeing Kate and Matt get married yesterday reaffirmed my belief - I could not imagine there being two people that were more meant to be - and Kate looked straight out of a fairy tale.

The sense of pride I felt when I saw Kate walk down the aisle was overwhelming, and I didn't expect it. It truly was like there was nobody else in the world except those two - that we were just looking in. Nothing else mattered in that moment.

I have known Kate (and Matt) since University. Kate is one of the warmest, kindest people I know. She is someone who no matter what is going on, she will be there - with no judgement or fear of saying the wrong thing. She is one of the best friends you could ever ask for. As those of you who know me know, I baked their wedding cake. I think it could easily be the most stressful thing I have ever done, but it was their belief in me, and Kate's face when she saw it that made it all worth it. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for Kate, or any of my friends for that matter. I am truly one of the luckiest people for having such an awesome group of friends in my life.

So Kate and Matt, I couldn't be happier that you found your Happy Ever After. I wish you a lifetime of happiness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembrance Sunday: Lest We Forget

L

Grief